Business Mentor & Business Mentoring
What is business mentoring?
The sharing of of business advice and guidance, usually on a one2one basis, between an experienced adviser and an individual who is running (or starting) a business. It can be on a one off basis (see our Business Clinic) or a longer term of months or even years. The relationship is professional one, based on recognition and respect. And based on the needs of the client and their business.
We offer practical business mentoring on a one2one and group basis. We build on your knowledge and experience and fulfill the role of Trusted Adviser, Business Counsellor and Consultant – depending on your needs.
Benefits of business mentoring, for you, the business owner
A range of advantages
- having someone you can ask questions and look for advice. Someone on your side, objective and confidential
- an experienced business mentor will look at your business from a different perspective
- we will improve your key business skills. Often I coach managers and entrepreneurs on improving communicating with staff, especially key reports.
- growing your network, as we work together the mentor will introduce you to other successful and ambitious business owners, suppliers – and potential customers
- voicing frustrations with some one you trust! Owning and running a business has its moments of unfulfillment. Having a trusted advisor enables you to express yourself to some one who has seen it before.
- learning tools and strategies. All good mentors have a suite of proven tools they share with their clients. We call it the transfer of experience and knowledge.
- valued relationships. Unlike government agency sponsored mentoring, you can develop a long-term relationship where you and your mentor can continue to collaborate. One client of mine has worked with me for 16 years. Growing a business for a successful sale, and now starting again.
- gives you confidence. Knowing that you have a credible mentor at your back gives you confidence when facing difficult business decisions.
- story telling! a good mentor dips into their bag of experience to share previous examples of coping with the business struggles you are facing today. Working with so many clients gives the mentor an opportunity to offer different strategies to common problems.
- is a business mentor always right? No, not at all – your adviser offers guidance, alternative views and different options to overcoming challenges. Aim is to stimulate you into making a better decision, your decision.
Business mentoring – how it works
No application forms, waiting around or competence assessments. Just book and pay for your time.
- It’s easy. Book and pay for an introductory session below (ONLINE Special Discount)
- Meetings will take place at a time to suit you, evenings & weekends are available too.
- You will receive a receipt by email
- I will contact you by email and request an agenda, a list of topics you wish to discuss
- Then will send you a Zoom invite for the meeting time you have booked, to discuss the items you wish to address
It is said that the most important part of the relationship is regular professional contact. This can take the form of regular meetings with specific agendas and goals. In addition clients will often call on the mentor as problems arise or when guidance is needed.
“I have always been a huge believer in the inestimable value good mentoring can contribute to any business. Ask any successful businessperson and they will almost certainly admit to having benefited from the advice of a mentor at some point”. Richard Branson